- Contributing editor, U.S. Naval Institute. Edit articles for Proceedings magazine and transcripts for the Institute’s Oral History Program.
- Freelance editor: Recent projects include reports for the Center for a New American Security (2017) and A Cooperative Strategy for 21st Century Seapower (CS21R, 2015), working with a team of military and civilian researchers and strategists
- Working as a freelancer, copyedited book manuscripts for several presses including Fordham University Press, the Smithsonian Institution Press, and Penn State Press. Consulted with Georgetown University Press as a developmental editor.
- Various other freelance clients have included St. Martin’s Press, the American Film Institute, Regardie’s magazine, and the newsletter Laboratory Compliance Manager.
- Alternatively on staff or as a freelancer at the Naval Institute, edited articles for Proceedings and Naval History magazines and book manuscripts for the Naval Institute Press. Also worked as an acquisitions and developmental editor and wrote catalog copy.